Friday, July 22, 2011

Lost sheep

So...Today we were on our way home from girls camp and on our way there was a lost sheep on the side of the road. I had 3 girls in my car and had them notice the lost sheep. I ask them to look out their window's to find or look for the flock he belonged to...as we were looking one of my girls said," if we find the flock what will we do? I said well we are following the leader so we won't be able to do anything..but if we didn't have to follow the leader then we could find the sheep herder and tell him that he had a lost sheep and we could even show him where this sheep is...needless to say we never found the flock that he belonged to and the subject was dropped..but this got me thinking in my own little head....I truly felt bad for this little sheep that was lost...I looked at his face and he was whipping his head around so I could tell he was lost..I then started to think of us and how we are sheep of our Heavenly Father and how Jesus is our sheep herder or Shepard. Am I lost like this little sheep I saw on the road...well I feel like I am on the right path....but can't we all feel lost sometimes...maybe we aren't praying as often as we should or maybe we say a wrong thing we wish we could take back. If I look at my self like this lost sheep trying to find my way...I start thinking I cant find my way when the the fog in my head is to heavy...I remember I need to pray...and ask our Heavenly Father for guidance and I know that he will show me the way!! Like I said we just got back from camp and we did this activity where we had to walk in the darkness with just and Iron rod to hold on to and I found that it was hard and I was even pulled over bolder and gravel and holes but as long as I held strong to the rod I wasn't getting lost...this is really how life can be sometimes and if we let go of the rod that is leading us even just for a second we might loose our way and be looking around for our flock but I do know that if we just ask for help our Shepperd will guide us back to this rod that will help us through our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment