What does Christmas mean to me?
Well...I want you to think the first thing that comes to your mind..The first thing that came to my mind was Family..Then I thought...That shouldn't be the first thing that comes to my mind! it should be my Savior Jesus Christ because without him I wouldn't have my family! This season Christmas is on Sunday. I have never had this question come up before whether to go or not to go to church on Christmas day. I have been fully active in the church for the last 6 and a half years and so the last time Christmas landed on a Sunday I wasn't fully active. Boy have I come a long way since then. Those of you that know me know that my husband isn't a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as my Children and I are. So my husband and I were having a conversation about Church being on Christmas...and I thought "yes absolutely we will go to church" until my husband said " really right in the middle of Christmas we are going to church?" I was taken back because I automatically thought he would be on board with me, because I just go along thinking we are on the same spiritual level..but we aren't. My husband is such a wonderful man. He loves us and takes care of us and we agree on everything so I just automatically thought we would agree on this. But he didn't want to take time out of Christmas morning to go to church because ours is held at 10 am which yes it will be right in the middle of our opening Christmas presents. So I had a struggle within my self. I was torn on wanting to stay home because my husband had a point we would be opening presents and I will have the turkey in the roaster and it will be hard to leave right in the middle of things, and on the other hand was going to church to celebrate Jesus Birth. Of course the struggle didn't last long. I love my Savior. He has sacrificed so much for me so that I have a chance to have my family..so I think we can sacrifice an hour out of CHRISTMAS day for our Savior Jesus Christ. After all it is HIS birthday we are celebrating. I told my husband about my struggle that I just couldn't stay home and not go to church. I put it this way. When we have our birthday's we get what we want and people go out of their way to make our day special. So since we are celebrating Christ's birth we should go out of our way to please him. Jesus would want us to go to church on his birthday if we have the chance to..so we should go and my husband agreed! My family will be at the Church on Sunday Dec. 25 at 10am with the rest of our ward family Celebrating our Saviors birth. Happy Birthday my Savior my Brother Jesus Christ. It is because of you that I have my Family, so the first thing that I think about when I am asked what Christmas means to me will be the sacrifice that my savior has done for me and celebrating his birth because without the beginning his sacrifice couldn't have happened. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment