Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Do you ever?
Do you ever just make a fool out of yourself...Well I do..alot..but this time I still feel silly! So I started making soup for my friends at their restaurant because they asked me to make my mamma's famous soup..(well famous with our family any way). So I said I would it never hurts to make a few extra dollars. I have been doing it for going on 5 weeks and I love it. It gives me time to think and also listen to my books that I can't always read due to not so quietness in my home. So my kids wanted to go and eat my soup at the restaurant because they are proud that their mom makes the soup. ( I love that they are proud of me) So we go to eat their last night and our waiter comes and takes our order (I wasn't going to say anything about my soup..non of the workers know me and I didn't want to seam like I was bragging) ..we ordered and he went away then about 5 min. later he comes back and said that they don't have any Chicken..and then said Strips and I said oh I thought you were going to say Chicken noodle soup (which I know they have a ton of cause I just made some) and he said Oh well we are almost out of that too! Then I flipped my mouth off and said No your not I just made some a few day's ago and you should have some left...well then I started feeling stupid for saying anything because he was caught in a lie and looked totally caught off guard...So I started babbling as to make him feel better..but it just kept making things worse and worse...so then I thought about it when he left..as he must have went back and said something to the other waitress because she also comes out trying to be inconspicuous and totally wasn't I knew she was coming to see the silly soup maker..then I felt more embarrassed because I don't like people to think bad things about me..So when the waiter came back I tyred to explain more...but then when that came out he just stared at me and it didn't help...I just felt more stupid...funny how things work out sometimes. All I can hope now is that my friend that asked me to make my soup (if he hears about how babbly I am) thinks it is funny instead of me trying to Bragg...And I hope that next time I go into something thinking I am going to not say anything that I actually don't...then I won't have self doubts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment